Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How to say Happy St. Patrick's Day in Irish Gaelic



- Conas atá sibh gach éinne ar Youtube?
  How are you all on Youtube?

- agus fáilte go COD as GAEILGE
  and welcome to COD as GAEILGE

- Tá Lá 'le Pádraig direach timpeall an chúinne
  St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner

- Mar sin theastaigh uaim beannachtaí Lá 'le Pádraig a mhúineadh d'Éirinnigh ar fud an domhain!
  So I wanted to teach St. Patrick's Day grettings to Irish people all over the world!

- Lá 'le Pádraig sona duit.
  Happy St. Patrick's Day to you (singular)

- Lá 'le Pádraig sona daoibh
  Happy St. Patrick's Day to you guys (pleural)

- Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig ort!
  St. Patrick's Day blessings upon you! (singular)

- Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!
  St. Patrick's Day blessings upon you guys! (pleural)

- Go raibh maith agat as féachaint ar an bhfís seo
  Thank you for watching this video.

- Tá nasc mo bhlag sna sonraí, téir ann agus tabhair tacaíocht dom!
   The link for my blog is in the description, go there and support me!

Nótaí (Notes)

So after watching this video you may have noticed I used the word 'beannachtaí' as the Irish for both 'greetings' and 'blessings'/ Well that is because 'beannachtaí' has both meanings. A 'beannú' (pronounced ban-uu) is a greeting (singular) and it also means blessing (singular).


Also, the Irish for 'Saint Patrick' is 'Naomh (pronounced nay-av) Pádraig'.


If you have any other questions feel free to leave a comment here, or tweet me @codasgaeilge and look out for my new Learn Irish 2014 series which is coming soon on my Youtube channel www.youtube.com/codasgaeilge 
Please donate to me here to help me make more videos. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment